An iPhone formed from glass.
The most durable glass ever in a smartphone, front and back. A color‑matched, aerospace‑grade aluminum band. New space gray, silver, and gold finishes.
Water and Dust Resistant
Precision‑engineered to resist water and dust.
The glass back enables easy wireless charging.
The most durable glass ever in a smartphone.
The front and back feature custom glass with a 50 percent deeper strengthening layer. A new steel substructure and a stronger, aerospace‑grade 7000 Series aluminum band provide additional reinforcement. And an oleophobic coating lets you easily wipe off smudges and fingerprints.
Three new finishes.
iPhone 8 comes in three new glass finishes: space gray, silver, and gold. A seven‑layer color process allows for precise hues, opacity, and rich depth of color. And the matching aluminum band complements the glass beautifully.
- Retina HD display
- 7-inch (diagonal) widescreen LCD Multi-Touch display with IPS technology
- 1334-by-750-pixel resolution at 326 ppi
- 1400:1 contrast ratio (typical)
- Optical image stabilization
- Six‑element lens
- Quad-LED True Tone flash with Slow Sync
- Panorama (up to 63MP)
- Sapphire crystal lens cover
- Backside illumination sensor
- Hybrid IR filter
- Autofocus with Focus Pixels
- Tap to focus with Focus Pixels
- Live Photos with stabilization
- Wide color capture for photos and Live Photos
- Improved local tone mapping
- Body and face detection
- Exposure control
- Noise reduction
- Auto HDR for photos
- Auto image stabilization
- Burst mode
- Timer mode
- Photo geotagging
- Image formats captured: HEIF and JPEG
Advanced security – at your fingertip.
With Touch ID, your fingerprint is your secure password. Use it to instantly unlock your phone and sign in to many of your favorite apps. Touch ID also enables Apple Pay, which lets you pay in stores, within apps, and on the web. And later this fall, you’ll be able to send and receive money in Messages.